Saturday, June 15, 2013

Do all guitar amp wires work for all types of guitars?

guitar wire
 on Barbed Wire WS Fret Marker Inlay Sticker Decal Guitar | eBay
guitar wire image



YouserNayu


Well, simple as the title.

I broke my guitar amp wire (the wire that connected the guitar and amp together) and I was wondering if I can just go into a store and ask for a simple wire.

My guitar is a Squier STRAT by Fender Affinity SERIES



Answer
Yes as Weedeate said. However, not all cables are created equally. Standard cables are 1/4" mono on both ends. Guitar cables should have shielding within them. Longer cables or cables with thinner pieces of copper can lose some signal. Cheaper cables also have a tendency to break more often.
So yes, they will all work, but some will work better than others. At least get something that feels sturdy.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment