Friday, June 21, 2013

How do i hear my music and my guitar/bass from the same headphone?

guitar bass
 on GearAudition basses
guitar bass image



gdhnzhnf


OK, i like to play my guitar/bass also at night and i would like it more if there was music to play to so i want to know how do i connect my guitar/bass into my headphones will also having the headphones connected to the computer? so i won't wake my parents and the neighbors.
I will give a definite 10 points to the best answer. Thanks to the people who answer.
I don't have a CD player, i use my computer.



Answer
It depends:
if you have a classic sound card (the ones that are normally installed in pc or notebook) you will need a "mini amplifer" (maybe some electronical friend of yours can build one otherwise you can find a cheap one in every music shop) to raise the bass signal to line-in level. If you are a little more serious about music and PC you should buy a good soundcard (with ASIO driver if possible so you will have no latency ((time it needs to the sound you played to come back to your headphone otherwise you should install "ASIO 4 All"))). I have an M-Audio card with external box 4-in 4-out and two headphone jacks bought used 8 years ago and still very satisfied with it.
To juice up your sound you should then purchase one of this amp simulator software that comes with a lot of effect included like "Guitar Rig" http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/guitar/guitar-rig-4-pro/ or Amplitube http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube/features/
Maybe the easiest solution will be something like Behringer V-Amp: a box where you can connect your instrument and your audio source (cold be PC, cd, mp3 player) mix them together and hear them by headphone or active speakers.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment