Thursday, June 13, 2013

How should I connect a guitar to an USB mixer having a mic input with preamp?

guitar usb preamp
 on Plug a guitar into a preamp to boost the signal to a suitable ...
guitar usb preamp image



Pramit Gho


I am buying an USB mixer (Behringer 302USB) having a Xenyx preamp built into the mic-in jack. Will I be able to record an electric guitar if I plug in the guitar (with or without effect units) directly into the mic-in jack? Will a keyboard/synthesizer also work if I connect them the same way?


Answer
The Behringer 302USB has a combination XLR/TRS input. I haven't seen one of these before but apparently it accepts both a Lo-Z mic plug or a TRS plug (inserted in the center) Your guitar cable is a TS connector but it should work. Use the Gain control to adjust the sensitivity of the input.

Alternately, you can try plugging the line out from your amp (if it has one) into the Line-in on the mixer. You'll need RCA plugs to fit the mixer input. The same holds true of the keyboard. It will work on one or the other of the inputs. This looks like a pretty useful unit for simple home recording.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment