Wednesday, June 5, 2013

How to tune my guitar Tool style?

guitar tools
 on Devin Elder has performed over 1,000 gigs as a professional guitarist ...
guitar tools image



Joe V


I need to tune my guitar to Vicarious by Tool but it's like a crazy tuning and I don't know how to tune it that way. Can you give me directions to tune it correctly?


Answer
Vicarious is drop D, hardly a crazy tuning considering what Tool are used to :-P

Tune your lower E string down to D. And that's it. Can you identify the D note without a tuner? If not, I'll show ya somethin that might help.
Record your lower E note (or find a recording of one, whatever you want). Then hold the E string on the 2nd fret and tune that string down until the note matches the E you recorded (while you hold it at the 2nd fret!). When you take your finger off, that string will be a note lower.

:o)



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment