Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What is a good choice for a first electric guitar?

guitar decals
 on Guitar Designs Stickers
guitar decals image



Tris


I'm looking for suggestions for my first electric guitar. I'm not a beginner, as I've been playing acoustic for a while, but would like an electric one now. I also would like it to be a performance ready type, not just an in-house practice kind, since I want to perform in our school's rock and roll revival show. My budget for the guitar is between $200 - $350. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!


Answer
Craiglist. Look for older Ibanez, Kramer, Charvel guitars made in Japan. With a little patience you can score a US model Kramer in the 400-500 range. Don't just judge where a guitar is made by the neckplate many have a US address even when made overseas. You need to look for a "made in..." stamp or decal on the guitar. Do a little research in user groups on the web, they all have their dedicated fan sites.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment