Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What kinda equipment can I get to plug my bass guitar into my PC for recording/jam tracks?

guitar jam tracks
 on ... Pearloid Guitar Pickguard Sheet Custom Repairs Free Jam Tracks | eBay
guitar jam tracks image



Staker S


I'd like to be able to plug my bass into my PC, such that I can record it for songs. If the hardware comes with software for the PC, that would be useful. The kinda features I'd be looking for are recording, effects and jam tracks.
I've seen some stuff such as the "Line 6" equipment which seems effective enough but expensive (£62). About £40 would be more in my range. Any ideas?



Answer
An extremely low budget alternative would be to use an 1/8th inch adapter on your 1/4 inch stereo out from your mixer. I did that for most of my recordings and no body's none the wiser.

I had my computer to where the latency wasn't a problem. I kept that input jack and cable out of harms way and didn't mess with it. (They're Fragile.)
Another alternative is to just mic it from your amp. (For said reason below*)

Otherwise, the Lexicon, or M-Audio brands of PC interface are my recommendations.

For best quality sound, I would avoid going direct into the PC. All ways come out of an amp, or at least through a mixer first. (You need that compression for bass) Watch that input level. Your ears like it, but recordings don't need a whole lot of this.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment