Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How long did it take for you did to learn how to play guitar decently?

guitar chord poster
 on Diese Seite verwendet Frames. Frames werden von Ihrem Browser aber ...
guitar chord poster image



Nada


My dad's tight on money so we're considering getting this guitar

http://www.hsn.com/esteban-signature-steel-string-acoustic-guitar-package_p-5533568_xp.aspx?&ccm=m|1042

I'm a beginner, so I don't care for quality or anything. I just wanna learn.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Did you teach yourself? If so, how?
Didn't mean for the extra did



Answer
Perfect guitar to start on.

I'm self taught. I had the poster of guitar chords (which is just about the same every time I see it somewhere) and I started with what looked like the easy ones.

I used that in combination with the pentatonic scale, which eventually grew into more complex scales.

I tried to pick tunes out by ear and translate them to guitar.

PRACTICE, I never put the thing down, even after my neighbors began to bitterly despise me.

One thing you've gotta keep in mind is that even the best guitarists sucked the first time they picked up a guitar, it's a required stage of weakness before you can move on, almost like a kung fu thing. Then the student becomes the master, and CHOP! you're playing guitar.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment