Friday, June 14, 2013

Can I plug my microphone to my guitar amplifier?

guitar xlr cable
 on ... guitar cable will do just fine; refer to the lower diagram (1-core
guitar xlr cable image



Josh Torre


I bought a Dynamic microphone at a thrift store days ago. It has an Xlr to Xlr cable. Can I buy an Xlr to 1/4 cable and connect the mic to my amp?


Answer
No that would be an impedance mismatch and sound terrible. Your mic is low impedance and amp input is high impedance. What Daniel mentioned is what you will need, or you could get a high impedance mic, which will probably sound bad through a guitar amp anyway. If you want a cheaper option to the PA speaker Daniel listed here is a powered vocal monitor for $80. This would only be for you to hear yourself. It would not work like a PA speaker if singing with a full band or anything. Would be perfect for in your room though.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/kustom-pa-kpc10mp-10-powered-monitor-speaker



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment