Monday, May 20, 2013

What guitar amp would be good for playing metallica songs at home?

guitar overdrive
 on Boss DS 2 Turbo Distortion Guitar Pedal | Find, Compare Prices, Choose ...
guitar overdrive image



republic_b


I really like learning & playing metallica songs on guitar, but it kinda erritates me when I don't get the right sound out of my amp. What amp would be good for playing metallica songs at home, and getting a good sound?


Answer
XYZ is correct about you not needing a big amp at home. I play predominately heavy metal and my choice of at home amp is a Peavey ValveKing Royal 8. I have replaced the stock speaker with a Celestion Super 8 and changed the tubes to my preference but otherwise the amp was left stock. This may only be a 5 watt amp but it is incredibly loud and the addition of a distortion pedal like the Boss MZ-2 that I use and you pretty much nail the Metallica sound. Make sure you drive it with a distortion pedal, not a overdrive or fuzz pedal because they won't give you the sound you want. When you get some more cash grab a delay pedal to fill the sound out a bit and then buy a wah so you can butcher solos like Kirk Hammet.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment