Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Any ideas for making a homemade telescope case?

guitar gun case
 on Rifle case for AR15 rifle....that doesn't look like a rifle case ...
guitar gun case image



PFB


I just need to make it more convenient to travel. The telescope itself is ~3 feet long, and the mount can be folded up to be about two feet long. I have $50 I'm willing to spend. Also, I have a soft guitar case that I'm willing to use. I considered buying foam or sleeping mats at Walmart, then using them to line the case. Any other ideas?


Answer
Your idea sounds good to me. Have you looked at shot gun or rifle cases at a sporting goods store? Some of those may suit the case.

If you use the foam mat a handy way to shape it is to apply heat to shrink a groove for the barrel of the scope and another for the mount. Practice on scrap to get the hang of it.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment