Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How do you feel about guitar pickguard decals?

guitar vinyl decal
 on music guitar stickers items and hooks guitars stickers items on
guitar vinyl decal image



radicalhon


I'm curious about guitar pickguard decals. From those of you who have firsthand experience with them, how do you like them? Are they easy to appy? Do they peel at the edges? Do they look cheap, or fake? How long do they last in good condition? Do they leave sticky residue when taken off? Are they easily removed? Wow, I have alot of questions. Someone please, please give me some help here. Obviously I need it.

Thanks!



Answer
Hey, I'm a "decal dude"! I own a sign company and I'm a musician. To answer your questions - Yes I like them!!! Most are easy to apply, lots of application instruction online. "Do they peel?" most won't, but you can get a "high performance" vinyl decal that will almost never peel up, without a lot of help. Yeah, they can be removed, but most will leave old adhesive behind. A little heat from a hair drier will help soften the decal and adhesive and make it easy to remove. The old adhesive will need some chemicals to get it all off clean. A lot of time just plain rubbing alcohol will work, but not always. If you use any real "adhesive remover" I'd take the pick guard off the guitar, to protect the paint.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment