Saturday, December 7, 2013

I need advice to make my bedroom reflect my interests (Reading and music)?

guitar vinyl decal
 on Guitar Rock Music Tribal Custom Vinyl Decals & Window Sticker
guitar vinyl decal image



Marissa


I'm 19, but still live with my parents and have always decorated my room in ways that they liked. I've always had a simple bedspread, and very little to decorate my walls.

For example, we moved a few months ago, and my bedroom is probably 10' x12'. I currently have a white Leirvik bed frame from Ikea, covered with a white quilt that has a print of small blue flowers, a matching white nightstand, and 2 chest- of- drawers.

So, anyway, I adore books, mainly fantasy (like Lord of the Rings) and classic fiction (The Count of Monte Cristo, Pride and Prejudice), and also some of the more modern fantasies like The Mortal Instruments, and The Inheritance Saga.

I also love music! My favorite band is Kamelot, which sort of reflects my love of fantasy. It is considered a metal band, but features operatic vocals. I suppose you could compare them to Queensrÿche, which is one of their more obvious influences. I also have a love for classical artists like Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi. I also like Hendrix, Led Zepplin, Cash, and of course Queensrÿche.

So I want to decorate my room to fit my two loves. I was thinking about painting one of my walls, or perhaps all 4. Another idea of mine is to involve pieces of song lyrics from my favorte artists or quotes from my favorite books somehow, possibly just painting them onto a canvas and hanging on my wall. Or perhaps there's a website or place like Kinko's where i can have them printed out like a poster, and cut it out and double-side-tape to my walls. Some ideas regarding this would be lovely.

Also, I had this idea to paint one of these lines from a song on the doors of my closet in glow in the dark paint, but it probably would look terrible during the day.

Another interest of mine is playing guitar. Right now my guitar stand holding my acoustic and electric is taking up a lot of valuable space in my small room, so i had the idea to hang them up on my wall. I need suggestions on how to hang them up, and what hardware to use.

So any ideas you can give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!



Answer
I recommend looking into vinyl wall decals. They look great and won't leave any marks on your walls, I'm sure your parent would appreciate that. I suggest checking out http://www.tradingphrases.com. You can see if you like any of the current designs or you can request a custom quote and email back and forth with a designer and they can create something you would want.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment