Monday, June 9, 2014

I am looking for a looper for an acoustic guitar?




Becca


My Boyfriend mentioned that he would love a looper. Unfortunately I don't know much about music and all. So I am curious to know what I should get him... What the best is out there? I was looking at a Jamman, and I heard that the boss brand is good. Any suggestions?? I will be getting it for him for Christmas and I would like to keep it under $250


Answer
I've had three loopers and they all have their good & bad points. Right now I own the Boss RC20 loop station and it's really easy to use and the sound quality is almost perfect. It has some things I don't like, but for the money ($225.00 on ebay) it's pretty good. I had a Boomerang phrase sampler too, and it was amazing. Very easy and fun to use, but cost 400 bucks used. I ended up getting rid of it because setting it up live on unfamiliar sound systems was a total nightmare. Finally, I also had a Line 6 DL4, (300 dollar range) which was the best sound quality and easiest for me to use, but it blew up on a gig and I'm left with the Boss. KT Tunstall uses an Akai Headrush and it sounds perfect and looks easy to use. And from what I've seen, they are under the 250 dollar range too. That might be a good one to check out.

In short, there is no "best". But I'd check out the Akai Headrush, and the Boss is pretty decent for the money.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment