Monday, May 20, 2013

What would be the essentials to have for guitar effects? And what are the best kinds?

guitar effects
 on ... Guitars G6196TSP-BY Country Club Hollowbody Electric Guitar - for Sale
guitar effects image



travisr26


I'd say a delay pedal, wah pedal, distortion, etc are all musts. What are the essential guitar effects to have and what are the best kinds?

I have an MXR carbon copy delay, Vox wah v865? MXR Distortion pedal, and ummm that's it.



Answer
I use separate stomp boxes..I don't care for the multi effects pedals.

My line up..in this order is....

MXR Dyna Comp
MXR Distortion +
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Boss Chorus
Boss Tremelo
Boss Digital Delay

I love Wah wahs..as long as their not over done...mainly because they're a great tone generator...you don't have to step on them all the time.

My old pots wah wah has gotten a bit nosiy lately, so I haven't been using it...but it should be first in any chain.

The overdrive and distortion pedals should usually be after your wah wah, followed by the time delay devices..like choruses, delays, tremelo's etc..., at the end of your chain.

If I could only have one pedal..it would be a tube screamer...followed by a delay, or reverb...IMHO.

Or course, the best effect, is practicing till your fingers bleed!!

Have fun!



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment