Saturday, June 8, 2013

Is there an adapter for USB headphones to guitar amp jack?

guitar to usb
 on Fender Super Champ X2 Guitar Amplifier Demo. These little Fender amps ...
guitar to usb image



gsvazwdf


I know there are guitars with USB inputs in them, and I know there are amps with usb inputs, but is there an adapter for USB headphones, that will turn into a guitar amp jack?

If not I suppose I'll have to save money for amp headphones :\ but that would suck.



Answer
I have never, in my life, seen a guitar with ANY sort of input. Let alone a USB one.

Guitars have outputs. Sound comes OUT of them.

I've never seen an amp with a USB input either.

I take it that you have a pair of USB headphones that you would like to connect to the headphone OUT jack on your amp, which I assume is a 1/4" TRS jack.

The equipment you need to do this would easily cost more than a new pair of headphones. Do you REALLY not have a single pair of headphones that aren't USB? I really do find that hard to believe.

Go to RadioShack and ask for an 1/8" female to 1/4" male TRS adapter. It should look like this: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062468

If you really don't have another pair of headphones, buy these: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1440&bih=663&q=sony+headphones&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8211118125321107406&sa=X&ei=eDs7Tp7EM9HKiAL3hMHaCw&ved=0CH8Q5Q0wAg

Those are THE BEST headphones you can buy for under $25. They sound quite good, they are very durable, and they come with the aforementioned adapter.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment