Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How much should I expect to pay for a paint-job on a guitar body?

guitar body
 on 11 Free Guitar Plans, 20 Guitar Building Jigs and 35 More Resources ...
guitar body image



HandsomeFr


How much should I expect to pay for a paint-job on a guitar body?
I've bought a guitar body as a project - how much should I expect to pay, and what should I be looking out for in terms of getting a good finish? (I want a simple, solid colour, probably a white or black)...



Answer
It's not cheap

I used to fix, repair guitars at a music store and you have to use a special kind of spray called nitrocellulose lacquer for both the undercoat and the main coating

you will need this much usually

2 cans of undercoat - its usually a gray or white colour depending on what primary colour you are using.

2 or 3 cans of your main body spray since you will need to do multiple coats

1 can of nitrocellulose varnish.


All of that comes over $80 and then you have to pay for the job (if you are getting it done professionally) which could bring the total too over $200



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment