Monday, July 15, 2013

How much would a used Gator guitar case go for?

guitar accessories
 on JH
guitar accessories image



Turtlefenc


I have this Gator case (link at the bottom) that my brother gave me, and I'm pretty sure it's worth quite a bit. In my efforts to get the money for a new guitar, I'm selling everything I own, basically. I'm not keeping the case because the type of guitar I'm saving up for (roundback) needs a different type of case. I'm bringing the case in to the local guitar shop to sell it. Most websites have this case listed as 100 bucks, and the price tag on the case does too. What do you think they'll give me for it? Will they totally rip me off and only give me like $25?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GATOR-CASES-GC-DREAD-DREADNOUGHT-GUITAR-CASE-FOR-DREADS-W-LOCKABLE-LATCHES-NEW-/310596915383?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item485104d0b7



Answer
Used music gear in good condition sells for 2/3-3/4 of its new value - usually at the lower end of that range. If you sold it yourself over craigslist or whatever you should list it for that much, e.g. maybe $65. But if you take it to a music store to sell to them, you have to remember that THEY will only be able to sell it to their customers for $65, and they need to make a profit, so they'll give you half that - maybe $35. Basically when you sell your stuff to a store, you're trading off money for being able to make your sale quickly without hassle. If you list it on craigslist, you'll get more money for it but you might be waiting weeks to find a buyer and have a lot of tire-kickers wasting your time.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment