Sunday, July 21, 2013

Should I attempt to paint my new guitar body myself or should i take it to a professional?

guitar body
 on Tattoo Temple - Unique. Living. Art
guitar body image



Benji Brya


I'm planning on buying a guitar body for a project guitar and I didn't know whether I should try my hand at finishing/refinishing it myself or if it would be cheaper and safer to spring for the professional job. If professional, does anyone know of any good shops in LA that would do the job for a reasonable price?


Answer
It comes down to whether you want to learn about painting a guitar or just have a nice-looking guitar. If its an electric guitar you can use auto body paint and have it come out looking great if you do it right. If it's an acoustic guitar, that's a lot trickier, cuz you are not painting, you're lacquering and the finish can make or break the sound of the guitar.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment