Friday, July 12, 2013

What activities look god for college application?

guitar youth
 on Rocker's guitar stolen from hotel
guitar youth image



SmellsLike


Right now, my hobbies are:
Dance
Dance Team (at my high school)
karate
lacrosse
guitar
theater
church youth group
The problem is, I'm starting high school and I'm worried that I won't have time to study and do other activities, so I have to drop some stuff. The college I want to go to is extremely competitive though. What activities look more impressive and set me apart?



Answer
This business of having all kinds of activities is highly overrated. Colleges want to see that you can handle your schoolwork and do other things as well. But they are more impressed by depth than breadth. So do you win awards at dancing or guitar? Have you organized your church youth group to do a fund-raising activity? Have you developed a program to teach karate to inner-city youth? They want to see some passion and commitment- some indication that you'll be a leader at something in the future.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment