Saturday, August 24, 2013

guitar sounding weird after replacing strings?

guitar yamaha c80
 on Yamaha C80 Classical Guitar - Natural - Guitarempire.com.my
guitar yamaha c80 image



Errfaz


Ive had a classical guitar for 3 weeks now and a few days ago my A string broke so I sent it to the shop and they replaced it with a new A string. However when I got home and tried playing,it sounded nothing like before. I assumed the shop tuned it and I even double checked with my auto electronic tuner. Everything was fine except that the auto tuner kept identifying the new A string as if it was a G. Please help cuz my guitar sounds really off.

P.S. its a Yamaha C80
And they did put the right string cuz I had to buy a whole new set of strings just to replace that one string and the only one that was used from the pack was the A string
Strange enough the auto tuner picks up the new A string as a perfectly tuned G string. this is weird



Answer
The string is tuned a full step flat.

Tune it up a full step.

--------------------
Edited to add:

Tune it up so it's sharp for a G
Keep tuning it up and it will be flat for G#/Ab
Keep tuning it up and it will perfect for G#/Ab
Keep tuning it up and it will sharp for G#/Ab
Keep tuning it up and it will flat for A
Keep tuning it up and it will perfect for A



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment