Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How do I know if the electric guitar I bought for my son is OK?

guitar les paul
 on Les Paul Gibson Guitar Graphic and Picture | Imagesize: 71 kilobyte
guitar les paul image



Mia


I bought an electric guitar (Les Paul) today for my 11 year old son at music stop. It was used and on sale for $193.00 CDN. The sales person convinced me that was the guitar to buy rather than a new one (not a Les Paul) for $199.00. The problem is since I got home with it my son noticed that one of the pickups on it is much lower into the guitar than the other. Is this normal, can it be adjusted?


Answer
Its not a huge deal, as long as the sound is the same.
I am a fender/Gibson Explorer man, with no real experience with a les paul. If you plug it in and the pickup sounds quieter, just buzzes, ect, then you need to get it fixed.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment