Monday, August 5, 2013

What is a good guitar songbook for beginners?

guitar tablature books
 on THE REAL TAB BOOK - VOL. 1 - FOR GUITAR - Elderly Instruments
guitar tablature books image



Krista


I know like 10 chords really well and can read music. I started playing a year ago and took a basic guitar class. I know a few songs for lead and for chords. What would a good songbook be for me?
Would the taylor swift one be good for some of my first songs?



Answer
I don't know any good song books, because I usually get my songs off the Internet. A good place to look for songs is ultimate-guitar.com. It's free by the way. They have songs posted in regular tab, and in files made for the PowerTab (a free tablature editing program for Windows that can be downloaded) and for Guitar Pro (also a tablature editor, but is not free). The site also has user-made lessons. Go to all-guitar-chords.com for chord diagrams.

The tablature editors can also play the tabs you download. Of course, you can edit tabs and make your own. They usually have built-in chord and scale libraries, among other useful things. Other than PowerTab and GuitarPro, I find TuxGuitar to be another good free tab program.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment