Saturday, August 10, 2013

What's the way to go when buying and building an electric guitar kit?

guitar nut files
 on On Ebay you can buy sick things
guitar nut files image



Jennifer


My son wants to build a guitar and suggested a build-it-yourself kit, but wonders which one to buy and which is the easiest?


Answer
Maybe this belongs in the Entertainment & Music category -- but anyway.

I have been an electric guitar player for decades and about 8 years ago I built a guitar from a kit. (It's called the Saga Guitar Kit and goes for $100 and I think it's well worth it).
I would suggest that anyone planning on building a kit guitar should have a lot of familiarity with how guitars are constructed. Among other things, completing such a project with a playable guitar requires filing the nut, adjusting the truss rod, intonating each string, and a great many other things. Are you or your son familiar with these terms? If not I would decide against buying a guitar kit or buying parts to build one.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment