Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How do i start writing guitar music and riffs?

guitar music
 on Image of Taylor Swift
guitar music image



James D


Do i need a music sheet to write guitar music down? If so i really don't know how to write guitar music. If you know any sites that teach you how to write guitar riffs and solos down please post them.
Or is it better if i just get a recorder and record it instead of writeing it



Answer
Get a recorder if you don't read and write music. Keith Richards has used this technique to capture riffs and songs that he would have forgotten otherwise. As far as I know he's done this for his entire career.

I wish I would have always done it because I can't read music either. I'm always sure that I'll remember what I played the next day. Even if I remember the notes or chords or what I played the night before, the rhythm and feel of what I played is gone and I've lost something good that I made up. This has happened a lot to me. The times I've recorded it are the the times I've composed music. You can buy an inexpensive recorder (under $200) that will record 2 tracks to an SD memory card.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMH2



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment