Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How long does it take to get used to/good at playing the guitar?

guitar ukulele
 on Everything I Learned About the Ukulele I Learned on the Internet ...
guitar ukulele image



Sophie


I recently began guitar/ukulele lessons and I'm feeling really discouraged. I know that learning an instrument is difficult and I understood that when I chose to invest in a guitar and a ukulele, but I was just wondering how long it takes before you really get the hang of it and everything really starts to make sense. I can't wait until I get to a point when I can hear a song and be able to play it. I know that is very far off, but I just need some encouragement. Thanks so much! :)


Answer
What type of guitar?

I learned with an electric. It took me about a year and a half to get comfortable and know enough that I could play most songs if I had a few days to practice them. I still can't do epic solos or complex stuff like sweeping or such.

If you practice for 1 - 2 hours a day, everyday, I think that you'll do okay in a year.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment