Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Is there a nifty way for me to reuse an old, unplayable guitar?

guitar decor
 on CITRONIC 15'' PASSIVE SPEAKERS - DISCO * DJ * P.A. EQUIPMENT - GRAVITY ...
guitar decor image



Christy


My little brother left a guitar here. It wasn't very well cared for, the neck is warped and it sounds terrible to play. I'm a crafty person and I hate to throw things away. Does anyone know of a way I can recycle this guitar for decor or something? Answers appreciated! :)


Answer
You could mosaic it. Actually, that's such a cool idea I might grab the next old guitar I see at a yard sale. In fact, I will. Cool, thanx for the idea. I think I'll use stained glass, maybe some keys and coins...Maybe beads.

Could also use china, especially the thinner teacups and thing, but I'm thinking more transparent and glittery. I'm a mosaic artist, so have all this sort of stuff on hand, but you could use whatever you have. Even shells, pebbles, sea glass or anything that doesn't decay.

Collaging it would be cool too. Or any combination of collage with mixed media, just adding stuff as you fancy to it...I'm envisioning even painting it first, then adding stuff for pattern and texture, possibly even painting some of that the same or different colors. Wow.

Geez, now I'm thinking a whole serious of musical instrument mosaics. Great. Like I need more new types of projects laying around the studios...

Thanks again for the idea! And good luck with that!
Feel free to email me if you need suggestions on adhesives, etc.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment