Friday, July 12, 2013

What's the best advanced tuner for acoustic guitar?

guitar tuner clip on
 on Sell-Clip-On-Guitar-Tuner.jpg
guitar tuner clip on image



Pash


Right now all I have is my QuikTune that I use when I'm moving around wth my guitar, because my old one broke.
I'm looking for a more advanced and accurate tuner (not clip on), either digital or analog, that is very good for acoustic guitars.



Answer
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

You cannot find analog tuners now days without spending a few hundred dollars, so I only gave you some digital ones. The analog tuners were phased out when transistors came into use and the old crystal tuners were too costly to use.

For $20-30, you can get a Korg GA-20 (made specifically for guitars) or a Korg CA-20 (chromatic, good for odd tunings). These are pretty nice. I use the CA-20 99% of the time.

Boss makes a couple good tuners as well. They have a chromatic model for $70 and a guitar/bass model for $90 http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-TU-12-CHROMATIC-TUNER-GUITAR-AND-BASS-105455596-i1437766.gc . These are nice, but pricey.

You can also find some nifty ones that hang on your wall like a picture..... These are hard to find though....

The more money you spend, the nicer the tuner (duh), but the cheap one's do the same thing.

By the way, any tuner that has a microphone will work well with any acoustic instrument.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment