Monday, August 19, 2013

Any tips on learning to use my pinkie while playing bass?

guitar neck rest
 on Wal basses, Walden, Walker, Wandre, Ward, Warr, Wayne guitars
guitar neck rest image



Chris: An


First off I am a 15 year old bass player. I have played for about three months but have lately developed a bad habit. I rarely use my pinkie, the rest of the time it hidden behind the guitar neck. Are their any exercises that will make me more comfortable with my pinkie?


Answer
Well first of all, try to work on just basic finger placement, and remember to keep all you fingers out, try finding specific chords that require you to use your pinkie. I know a friend who had some trouble with that too, and he told me this site:

http://guitarteacher.wordpress.com/2007/12/05/pinky-strengthening-exercises/

Hopefully that will help!



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment