Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Do you get mentally exhausted when playing guitar?

guitar stool
 on guitar stand stool2
guitar stool image



Bribri Bel


When I play after 15 minutes or so my mind gets very tired. The same fatigue I feel after taking a two hour test. It's the closest description I can give. I sorta get drowsy and my eyes get heavier. Does the same happen to you guys? I like to play guitar; I don't think it's boring. This has been going on for te past four years. Every time I try to get better at playing I get tired and I just stop. If you guys do experience this can you give a suggestion to how I should combat this fatigue?


Answer
Hi, BB. Not much to go on, so I'll suggest some possibles. Like breathing, restricted by being almost curled up in a ball around the guitar, trying to practice on a bed or a low chair. If so, get in a more upright, open, relaxed position, at least sitting on a regular chair (without arms) or a stool, back a little straighter.

Or recreational chemicals, whether cigarettes, weed, beer, wine, etc., not known for their positive contribution to sustained serious effort.

Or the choice of music, if it seems to require great intensity in the speed, complexity, or muscle effort in trying to play it. Metal heads seem particularly into great physical involvement while playing, and may blur the difference between what's needed to play versus what's expected as visual evidence of true allegiance. (Did I actually say that? Meh. Probably listen to AC/DC while mowing the lawn tomorrow.)

So, if curled up around the guitar on a bed, smoking and sucking brews down, trying to play monster power chords, all at the same time...



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment