Thursday, August 15, 2013

What guitar cases fit a Seagull s6 acoustic guitar?

guitar cases hard acoustic
 on New Extra Padded Hard Foam Acoustic Guitar Soft Gig Bag Case | eBay
guitar cases hard acoustic image



Emazing


I'm having a difficult time finding a guitar case for my guitar around Austin, TX.
Is there a universal case that would fit a dreadnought Seagull s6?!



Answer
I would think any standard dreadnought case would work for that guitar too. I had a heck of a time finding a case deep enough for my Guild D4 because it has an arched back, but I did eventually find a Guardian case that fit it. Try taking your guitar in to Guitar Center and seeing if the RoadRunner acoustic cases fit it. I would think they would. They'll let you try your guitar out in the cases as long as they know you brought it in with you (or you could just try one of their guitars in it - they sell Seagulls). When I was trying to find a case for my Schecter C1-E/A (a thicker semi-hollowbody electric) I had to take it in to 4 different shops before I found a case that fit it well. The important thing is that the guitar fits snuggly into the case and doesn't shift around. When you close the case the bridge and strings should just leave a slight indentation in the top lining of the case. Also be sure there's not space around the sides of the guitar. They're not really a "one-size-fits-all" thing, but the Seagull S6 is not an odd size guitar so there should be a lot of cases out there that will fit it nicely.

I see some places sell the Seagull S6 with a Gator GC-Dread hard case ($89). I've also seen them with an SKB hardshell case if that's any help.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment