Monday, August 12, 2013

What is your martial arts training like on a typical day?

guitar aerobics
 on Alfred Ultimate Beginner Series Drums Complete Book & DVD (00-31454)
guitar aerobics image



Billy Shat


Here's what we do:
1/2 hour aerobics
10 minutes muscle group conditioning
10 minutes target kicking
5 minutes learning next requirement
5 minutes cool down

It's been this curriculum for about 3 years now. Back in the day, we used to practice techniques and a variety scenarios, but our grandmaster wants to focus on conditioning. I play soccer 4x per week and am bored with the conditioning exercises he throws at us. I'm considering moving to a new place where I can focus on the practical application of the skills, and not the conditioning. Thoughts?



Answer
I limit my martial arts training to 2.5 hrs a day maximum. I don't want to overdo it.

1 hr of cardio
1/2 hr of stretching
1 hr of practicing things I feel I need help with. Mon. and Wed. are Judo techniques Tues, Thurs, and Fri are BJJ

The rest of my day is guitar playing and working and schooling.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment