Friday, June 21, 2013

how can i learn to tune a piano myself?

guitar knobs gold
 on NEW Metal Electric Guitar Skull Head Volume Knob gold Set
guitar knobs gold image



greyskies


my family loves the piano. we're a family of six and four of us - including myself - play on the piano, taking lessons, and play for fun. the piano we have tho is about 30yrs old and we cant afford a new one right, but this one needs to be tuned kinda frequently, which is expensive. is there a way i could learn to tune it myself? i dont have too much experience with pianos but ive been playing the violin for 8yrs so i have some music tuning experience.


Answer
Hmm... I'm not sure. I'm a guitar, drums, and piano player but I've never had to tune a piano before. The gold knobs at the end of each string likely require some kind of tuning key that you rotate to change the tuning. How to tune it properly I don't know. I guess do it by ear if you have a good ear for what the tone should be or go to a local music store and ask somebody how to tune it properly. Hope this helps a little bit!



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment