Friday, June 21, 2013

What is a good Guitar book that provides music theory as well as great lessons?

guitar music theory
 on Pentatonic Scales | Guitar Music Theory
guitar music theory image



Karla


I am looking for an instructional book that will help me progress as a guitar player. I want something that will help me build some knowledge of music theory, guitar scales and chords etc. I don't just want to learn how to play chords and scales, but also understand what I am playing so I'm not just regurgitating songs.

Please help!



Answer
Dear Karla

There are thousands of books and videos out there that may help. You may want to visit my website and look at the basic theory section, and the music chords section. This will hopefully give you a better understanding of the theory behind the music and how chords are constructed, so when you play a chord you understand why you are playing those notes. My site is http://www.bellandcomusic.com/...........hope this helps

If you really want an in depth look at guitar and theory, there is a great book called 'The Guitar Handbook' by Ralph Denyer. It can be a little heavy- going at times, but if you are a serious guitarist, it is an excellent reference book. http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Handbook-Ralph-Denyer/dp/0679742751

I have had my copy for over 20 years and still refer to it. It covers everything about guitars from the ground up. Different types of guitars, how they're built, playing styles, theory, chords etc

Karla, I hope you find this information useful. If you need any further help, you can contact me through my website. Good luck.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment