Thursday, June 20, 2013

What should be my second acoustic guitar?

guitar kids
 on Free Blank Sheet Music @ Blank Sheet Music .net
guitar kids image



Alex Aguil


Well I've had a guitar for about a year now and its nothing special. Just an indiana. Anyways I bought it to see if guitar was for me for about 150. Now Im looking for another because I really love guitar. I've really been looking at the seagull s6 original but some recommends Taylor or Martin. Im willing to spend uo to 500. Help please?


Answer
The Seagull s6 looks like a fine guitar.
Of course some people recommend Taylor or Martin guitars, they are among the best in the world.
but you pay for that, too. You can't get any either of those for $500 (except a Baby Taylor or Little Martin and those are small scale guitars for kids or travel guitars)

It is the same on here with electric guitars...every idiot says "ooh you need a Gibson or a Fender" not thinking about the fact that a good Gibson Les Paul will cost you over $2000. and a cheap one for $1000.

If you have a music store near you, then since you already play guitar a bit, you can go and try all the guitars in the store that are in your budget. Don't worry about the brand at ALL.
It matters most in how you feel playing it. How the action feels to your fingers.
I happen to like the feel of Ovation guitars the best for my own playing style.

but the seagull s6 has won awards, has a solid cedar top(not a laminated top) has a slightly shorter scale, which can be good for some players, and looks nice. If you are buying online only, then this looks like a very good choice to me.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment