Thursday, August 22, 2013

Can I use a guitar tuner to tune my singing voice?

guitar tuner
 on Ultimate+guitar+chord+chart+ii
guitar tuner image



Ciancio66


I haven't had any real vocal practice in a few years. I think I might have a few pitch and tuning problems. Could I use a guitar tuner or for some other instrument to help my singing voice? What would be a better option if not this?


Answer
Of course you can use a guitar tuner to check your voice.

It won't work as well as plugging your guitar into it, but if you play a D on your guitar, then try to sing that note, the tuner will definetly indicate how close you are to pitch.

It won't be a perfect system, but it will work.

Also, you can get a "matching-line transformer" maybe $5 at radio shack which will allow you to plug your microphone into the tuner much like a guitar cord.

A better system would be to record yourself singing and playing, and then critically listen back for changes in the pitch of your voice.

Best of luck.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment