Wednesday, August 7, 2013

How can I make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic?

guitar volume knobs
 on ESP George Lynch M1 Tiger Electric Guitar - DrumZa
guitar volume knobs image



M


I have an Ibanez electric guitar with a tone and volume knob on my guitar, including the toggle.On my amplifier, I have the gain, bass, middle, treble, and reverb options. How can I tweak these to make my electric guitar sound like an acoustic?

All help appreciated.



Answer
You can't really. Even Acoustic Simulator pedals don't do a very good job. First of all, most Acoustic "steel" string guitars actually use bronze strings, which are inherently warmer sounding than nickel or actual steel strings. Second of all, the guitar itself, on an acoustic, is what generates the tone. Magnetic pickups will not and CANNOT produce the sound of high quality woods.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment