Thursday, August 22, 2013

Whats a great sounding acoustic guitar in the 500-600 dollar range?

guitar martin
 on Elvis commemorative Martin D-28 (with cover)
guitar martin image



Mark


I've been saving my paychecks for a good month now and have been looking at a lot of guitars: Martin, Segull, Takamine ect. I've been playing for a good six years and like to finger pick and sing. What im really looking for is a nice cutaway acoustic guitar that i can take with me to college and that will age nicely.


Answer
LIke bryde said, you just have to go play as many as possible. With your experience you'll know the right one when you play it. But as far as suggestions on stuff to try. I think Blueridge and Eastman both make some excellent guitars in that price range. Eastman especially, in my opinion, beats any Martin or Taylor in that that price range although the higher end Martins and Taylors are great. I've been looking for a good acoustic in that price range for about a year now and I've played a bunch. So far the Eastman has been the most impressive to me, but like most all guitars you have to play a bunch to find the gem. I ended up finding a pretty good deal on a Martin D-16RGT, so it might be worth looking for a used Martin. I got a $1200 Martin used for $750 in new condition and it sounds incredible. For a guitar to age nicely it needs to be solid wood, laminate doesn't get better with age like wood. Most any guitar in that price range new will be a solid top with laminate back and sides which is still fine. But you may be able to get an all wood guitar used in your price range...good luck.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment