Friday, May 10, 2013

How do I plug in a guitar effect pedal?

guitar effects pedal
 on Electro Harmonix Nano Doctor Q Envelope Filter Guitar Effects Pedal
guitar effects pedal image



Treop


I have never bought/used a guitar effect pedal before, but I'm pretty sure they have to be plugged into a wall socket. Some pedals I've looked at have no power cord or anything. How does this work? Do some pedals include adapters or whatever?


Answer
All of my pedals use either a 9V battery or an AC adapter. Best Buy has a universal adapter that includes 9V for about $15.

You can also get adapters that let you use an external 9V battery. Their advantage is that you can swap out a battery pretty quick.

I managed to snag two 9V adapters at a garage sale for 25 cents each. :o)



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment