Tuesday, May 14, 2013

How to get the Jimmy Page clean and distorted tone like stairway to heaven and over the hills and far away?

guitar ibanez
 on Ibanez Acoustic Guitars - Guitar LTD
guitar ibanez image



Chase


Guitar : iBanez s520ex
Equipment

Vamp II
80 watt Crate DSP on Board

I'm covering stairway and need to get both the tones great. I know I'm using an iBanez and not a Gibson but I hope it wont sound so bad. I can play both versions through.
(Led Zeppelin IV Album Version)
(The Song Remains The Same Concert 73')



Answer
Page uses small amplifiers and set up microphones in the middle of the floor to catch echos. At the time of Stairway, Page was trying out a complimentary stereo amplifier sound system made by Hammond Organ called the Condor Sound System -- essentially a concert organ head to drive 3 speaker banks.

You hear the Condor at the live concerts and the phased echo in the studio.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment