Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Where can i get a new output jack wire for my Ibanez Iceman icx120 guitar? How do i put it in my guitar?

guitar output jack
 on ... Guitar Bass Output Jack Plate Socket Chrome Guitar parts | eBay
guitar output jack image



Anthony Me


I stepped on my guitar cable and the output jack ripped out of my guitar... this is the second time this has happened and the first time the people had to cut the wire short. now it is to short to put back together. i need a new wire. where can i get a new wire and jack?


Answer
WHAT?! I don't believe you. The cable would certainly come out before the jack got ripped of the guitar... that's insane!

In any case, Ibanez guitars typically use a barrel type jack. This is kind of annoying, as the jack wears out over time and needs replacing, whereas the open jacks they use in Fenders, Gibsons, Jacksons, and just about every other company can be easily fixed by bending the contacts back in. In any case, those barrel jacks need replacing occasionally, so they're easy to find.

Here's a basic one from StewMac (great store btw) http://www.stewmac.com/shopby/item/1819?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=2011-06-gp%22

You can buy them at most any guitar store. Any place that does repairs should have a handful of them on hand. They usually cost between $5-10.

You can use any standard wire. I prefer to use 22 gauge solid copper wire. Specifically this: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049745&filterName=Category

I bought one package of that stuff from Radioshack (it comes with the 3 colors) YEARS ago and it's lasted me through at least a hundred guitar rewires. I prefer the solid wire because it's easier to solder and desolder. It will also hold its shape when you bend it, so you can do some really neat and clean wiring jobs, which is important when working in tight cavities like those of Ibanez guitars.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment