Thursday, July 11, 2013

How can I get my guitar tones (from a multi-effects pedal) into a foot-switch to use each tone independently?

guitar effects pedal
 on Rocktronics Guitar Effects Pedal Classic Chorus (code:JF-05)
guitar effects pedal image
Q. I have a guitar effects pedal (g1next) and I really like it. However, I've been playing live now for a while and switching and scrolling through effects is becoming tiresome; such as using my lead tone then scrolling over fourteen numbers to the delay effect I need for a song. So, I'm looking for a guitar foot-switch that has the ability to consolidate my lead and rhythm tone to independent buttons (and maybe some effects as well). What is the best way to go about this?


Answer
Great question. I had this same problem. The G1next is a cool pedal and great for recording but not ideal for live performance. Depending on your budget, there is a couple of options. I bought a BOSS GT6 which has 5 separate pedals on it. This pedal has 320 effects built in and unlimited programming ability so you can make your own sounds. Once you find the effects you want, you can program each of your 5 pedals. The pedal also has a bank pedal which when pressed allows you to switch to the next 5 effects for each pedal. The bank has 80 pages so if you do the math, that's 400 custom effects! The newest model of this pedal is the BOSS GT10 and it is bad ass but it will set you back about 500 dollars . I am a poor college student so I decided to find myself a previous version of the GT10. There is the GT2, GT3 GT5, GT6, GT7, GT8, GT9 (not sure if there was a GT4). As I stated previously, I bought a used GT6 and it is AMAZING! Don't worry about buying a used BOSS pedal because anything made by BOSS is built like an army tank and almost indestructible. My BOSS GT6 was made in 2002 and I've had it since 2010. It has been played in 60 or 70 metal shows all over Florida so far and still going strong. Option number three is to select a cheaper brand like Digitech for instance. You can get a Digitech RP500 for about 300 dollars which does all the same things however, Digitech pedals are not made as well as BOSS pedals and will not last as long on the road depending how many shows you play. I hope this helped you in your search. I will post some links that may help you out.

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=238

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=941

http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/rp500

PS: If you do buy a used BOSS pedal, no matter what model, if the user manual for it is missing, you can download it free at http://www.bossus.com/backstage/product_manuals/



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment