Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How do you hold your guitar?

guitar rest
 on Faster note value of 32nd notes (three flags) and 64th notes (four ...
guitar rest image



Maiku


I was browsing the web and ran into a how-to site for guitar playing. I read some of the basics and one of the points made was that you shouldn't let your strumming arm rest on any part of the guitar.

I've been playing for a few months and I have a really hard time playing like they recommended. How do you strum the guitar? Do you rest your arm on the guitar, and if so does it cause any problems with any advanced techniques?



Answer
Well sitting down its ok, I do that. But they must be talking about when you play standing up, then you cant unless your palm mutting. Ive been playing for almost 5 years, I dont think it causes a problem, well, it hasnt for me. But theres basically no rules. Ive been playing for 5 years and hella good, only thing I cant do is sweep pick. But it takes time and effort, just dont ever give up no matter how hard it is bro.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment