Wednesday, July 10, 2013

How hard is it to play the cello?

guitar ukulele
 on Image of Taylor Swift
guitar ukulele image



Ashley


I love to play music. I already know how to play piano, guitar, ukulele, and drums. Guitar and the uke were probably the easiest instruments I learned. But will that help me how to learn play the cello? I have major dedication to things I want to learn... and I've wanted to play the cello for about 3 years now. And how long do you think it will take me to get the basics down on cello?


Answer
Cello is significantly harder than guitar or ukulele. It probably won't help you much, other than the basic understanding of how a fingerboard works.

You can learn the basic first position notes of easy keys and the simplest bow strokes in a few weeks. In a few months you should be able to play several beginner tunes. The more complex stuff - higher positions, more complicated bow techniques, vibrato, and good tone control - will take a few years.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment