Wednesday, June 26, 2013

can modeling guitar amps or simulators make pedals sound bad?

guitar rig 5
 on How to set up the RIG KONTROL 2 with GUITAR RIG 5
guitar rig 5 image



Chris


I play guitar and I recently bought a Way Huge Swollen Pickle fuzz pedal. I've read many reviews which say it sounds amazing but I just cant hear it through what I 'm playing. I live in an apartment so it's kind of hard to keep 4X12 cabs in their so I use modeling amps like the Fender Mustang and programs like Amplitube and Guitar Rig 5. Is it the pedal or the amps?


Answer
Hello there,

You should be able to play the Way Huge pedal through a Mustang amp. The problem with playing any pedal through an amp with built in effects is that it is hard to dial in the tone you want. The pedal sort of conflicts with the built in effects, especially if you are using the built in distortion, overdrive or similar effect. It is best to play your pedals through a clean channel.

Later,



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment