Wednesday, June 26, 2013

How much would it cost to fix the output socket on my electric guitar?

guitar jack plate
 on Boat
guitar jack plate image



Lightning


Where the cable plugs into the guitar isnt totally gone, two rings fell off, but the rest of it is still there..When I tried to plug the cable in it fell out. I have the peices that fell off. How much would it cost to get it repaired? Or if I can fix it myself how would I do that??


Answer
You can get a new Jack on eBay for about $1. If the two pieces that fell of are the washer and the nut you can fix it yourself pretty easily. Unscrew the metal plate that holds the 1/4" jack. Push the jack thru the plate and put the washer and nut on the jack. Screw down the nut until it is tight (use pliers). Screw the mounting plate back onto the guitar. A guitar shop will probably do it for $10-$15



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment