Friday, June 28, 2013

When do you think I should get a new guitar pick?

guitar picks dunlop
 on ... guitar with a flat pick for a while switching to a guitar thumb pick
guitar picks dunlop image



Jack


I using the same guitar pick for 7 months. Do you think I should get a new guitar pick?


Answer
I have a bowl of picks on the shelf by my guitars. If you have only one pick I'm surprised you haven't lost it by now! As for how long you can use one, if it starts getting nicked up or starts cracking then replace it. There's not really a rule about it. FWIW, I use the Jim Dunlop nylon picks (.60mm) and really like those most of the time, but I have some thinner picks and some plastic picks I use depending on the sound and feel I want. I like plastic picks better if I'm doing pinch harmonics. Remember, the pick is the connection between you and the guitar strings!



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment