Saturday, February 15, 2014

First Electric guitar and Finger picking?




edward m


So i am fairly new to the electric guitar. But i fell inlove with the blues and i think slide blues while finger picking is a god sent. I am trying to learn finger picking and i wanted to know if i could play any style of music with finger picking or if i will have to learn to use a pick also. Also if anyone knows any online sites or exercises that teach finger picking for free i would greatly appreciate the link. Also any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this so if something doesn't make sense its just the inexperience and thank you in advance for any help!


Answer
On of the most famous guitar players ever, Chet Atkins, I don't believe, ever owned a pick in his life! So, YES, you can play any kind of music with your fingers. In fact, I have always preferred my thumb to a pick because in my opinion, it just sounds better.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment