Saturday, February 15, 2014

What's the best guitar instruction?




Smokey


As someone who is not exactly musically inclined would it be better/easier for me to learn to play from a friend that plays or from a licensed guitar instructor? I hear it's always harder to learn as you get older. I'm 46.


Answer
It's never to late to start. I to have the desire to learn and I'm 53, currently in Iraq, bought a ukulele( I know. Hardly a guitar) and a beginners book. Six weeks into it, I am just now getting the finger positions for chord transitions and the strumming techniques down. I practice for at least 45 mins. a nite. I can see the benefit of advice from an experienced player and know I will not soon play lead.
If you think your serious then by all means take lessons from a pro. Your lesson is scheduled. He is an instructor payed to teach you and can probably help you progress faster then your friend by concentrating on the fundamentals.
I can strum a few songs now but can see that if I want to be better then I need a Pro to help me.
Spend the $20 per lesson and then you can show your friend what you've learned and compare notes. Two for the price of one.
Good luck, Old Dog



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment