Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Guitar multi-effects pedal question?




thedude


Hello! I'm new at electric guitar and I'm planning to buy this product as my multi-effects processor since I don't really have money to buy individual pedals. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-RP250-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=156607

My questions are:
How will I connect this to my guitar and amp? I mean, will I need another guitar cable?
Is it possible to connect it to my computer and change the presets? How?



Answer
Guitar<------(cable)------>multieffects pedal<-------(cable)----->-amplifier

That is the traditional hookup.

However, guitar amplifiers may have send/receive jacks on the back. If so, then:


Guitar amp send <------cable------>multieffect input
Guitar amp receive<------cable----->multieffect output


The send/receive jack is to bypass the circuitry and give you a cleaner sound. Depending on your taste of course.

The amp/mixer button is to toggle between hi impedence and low impedence. In layman's terms, it means a louder (more distorted) sound or softer (cleaner) sound. Just keep all your volumes low when experimenting, you don't want a sudden loud signal to damage your speaker cones or eardrums.


If the pedal comes with software (which it should) then you just use a USB cable to connect the pedal to your computer and alter the settings there.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment