Saturday, February 15, 2014

Guitar Tech Gods Only; chaining amps together?

Q. I've asked this before and got unanimous answers that I should use a stereo footswitch. After seeing whats out there(morley combiner switches) I'm a little hesitant about tossing down a bill only to have popping and signal loss.

I don't really need to be able to switch amps so much as just run them at the same time.

A buddy said it would be good to go effects loop out from the 1st amp to the effects loop in on the 2nd amp.

I'm looking for the safest way to do this and don't want to just start plugging things together for fear of things getting too hot and smoky.
would the y-cable deliver too much juice to the guitar?


Answer
Simply use a Y-cable to get your guitar's signal to both amps. Here's what I would do:

Get a Y cable that is 1 male to 2 females.
Plug the Y cable into amp 1 input.
Plug your guitar into female 1 of Y cable.
Run another guitar chord from female 2 of Y cable to amp 2 input.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment